We created this approach by pulling from Human-Centered Design and design research best practices.
During this diverging phase, we conduct broad and deep research after defining the challenge.
(literature reviews, data collections, case studies, etc.)
(building empathy , user journeys, site visits, interviews, observations / shadowing, focus groups, surveys, etc.)
- Information Download Session
- Relationship Mapping
- Synthesize Insights / Create Insight Statements / Recognize Themes
- Define Opportunity Areas and Provisional Users
- Idea Generation / Challenge Statements
- Idea Evaluation
- Create Hypothesis Tree
- Define Initiatives
- Build / Test / Iterate
- Identifying Owners / Sponsors of Initiatives
By creating a minimum viable product with users and iterating quick, thoughtful prototypes, we fail fast to succeed fast.
By putting users at the center of this intentional process, the solutions meet the needs of the people they’re meant to serve.
© 2017 LONG BEACH INNOVATION TEAM